The roads I take...

KaiRo's weBlog

January 2012
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          

Displaying entries published on 2012-01-12. Back to all recent entries

Popular tags: Mozilla, SeaMonkey, L10n, Status, Firefox

Used languages: English, German

Archives:

April 2014

March 2014

February 2014

more...

January 12th, 2012

Weekly Status Report, W51/2011-W01/2012

Here's a short summary of Mozilla-related work I've done in weeks 51/2011-01/2012 (December 19, 2011 - January 8, 2012):
  • Mozilla work / crash-stats:
    Adapted all my custom reports scripts for the new versions coming up with the channel uplift on Dec 20.
    More discussions on topcrashers tracking.
    Took part in discussions on shipping a 9.0.1 version to all users already having 9.0 and monitored the release discussions over the holidays on slowly ramping up updates to 9 while we have been understaffed due to holiday season.
    Watched the Socorro team deploy changes to support a separate product for Android Fennec.
    Updated and finalized Q1 priorities the CrashKill team has for Socorro.
    Some discussions on possible skiplist additions and some stack frame addresses not being resolved as they should be.
    Discussed fixing timezones on Socorro (this ended up getting its own release this week).
    Took part in discussions on what Socorro has done in the last quarter and what the plans for the next quarters are.
    More watching of new/rising crashes, caring that bugs are filed where needed.
  • Web Apps:
    Updated Mandelbrot and especially Lantea Maps web apps with some additional ideas and fixes, the latter now has the basic functionality, but is still somewhat buggy. If anyone's interested on working to make the Lantea Maps app a really good mapping and tracking app, please contact me, help would be appreciated!
  • Various Discussions/Topics:
    Factor prefixes for byte unit, MPL 2.0 release and applying it to Mozilla, Firefox ESR plans, to require or not to require SSE2, warnings as errors, WebAPIs, B2G UI proposals, native Android builds still getting development on Aurora but apparently getting close to being usable, trying to get my tablet problems resolved, etc.

This report is both covering 3 weeks and running late despite that, but it's not due to laziness on my side, it's most due to the holidays, as I took two weeks mostly off and then had a number of backlog stuff to work on this week. I followed bugmail and most planet and newsgroup traffic I'm interesting in even while I was at home with my parents, but I didn't go too deep into anything during that time, and it was good to not strain myself too much for some time. Also, I'm happy I found the time to write about all the change going on in my life but also all around here at Mozilla. This week I'm back to work with full power, and a lot of stuff is happening as a lot of exciting goals have been set at various levels in multiple Mozilla project for this first quarter of 2012. And I have a couple of interesting milestones and events to look forward to myself in this new year! ;-)

By KaiRo, at 23:32 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack: 0

Feeds: RSS/Atom