<< Status page for GSoC project | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W27/2007
Fixed the 1.1.2 Windows stub installer and tested a new patch for tinderbox so that the problem shouldn't happen with 1.1.3 again.
- xpfe cleanup:
I started to look into that again, as everyone's at least "like Firefox" now, and can't logically depend on old xpfe any more.
First, I killed old filepicker chrome after verifying that toolkit got all fixes from xpfe, and filed a bug on getting error console in sync as it still misses such fixes.
Then, I filed a few more bugs on killing further parts of old xpfe.
We're seem to be getting even to a point where we can kill xpfe/global and xpfe/communicator - but we're not completely there yet.
- More cleanup:
As I already was into all this cleanup, I decided I should try to remove xpfe/communicator from Thunderbird which mostly works, but we need some printUtil cleanup first. While looking into that, I saw thatthe old, unused Thunderbird chrome repackaging code was still around, and removed this.
I also realized that digging into such stuff would be easier, if we wouldn't needlessly include some xpfe/components parts from build.mk and filed a bug and patch about this.
Oh, and when looking into error console, I realized that SeaMonkey trunk was missing toolbar grippies there, which I fixed on the way.
I also filed a bug on removing MRE_HOME from our code, as it should be useless nowadays.
- Source L10n:
On the way to build SeaMonkey locales from source, I realized we need some build logic for langpacks and repackaging of binaries, which I did a patch for, as well as moving searchplugins to locales.
- German L10n sync:
Not much happened here, but I created a new patch for the derived issue that security code is talking about "the browser".
We got the OK from Mozilla IT people to use the same socorro server as Firefox and Thunderbird, so I could add the server URL to application.ini, and then go the next step of uploading SeaMonkey symbols to the servers. This doesn't only mean that we should be able soon to actually enable breakpad, starting today, you should be able to point your Windows debugger to the symbol server for directly debugging our nightly builds!
Additionally, I crashed a new nightly with breakpad successfully coming up and a crash report being generated with symbols and all, so watch out for breakpad replacing talkback in SeaMonkey nightlies very soon now!
- Small fixes:
After the popup rewrite, I fixed a small tooltip size issue by removing a now unneeded workaround (just ported from Firefox), and I removed a superfluous menupopup in mailnews that had been around for years but only got visible due to that rewrite.
- Various discussions:
Bugzilla reorganization; Firefox 3 UI: location bar, places/bookmarks/tagging, content handling (all of those could be interesting for SeaMonkey); Community tinderbox access, etc.
All in all, lots of good work is going on, though there are enough areas we still need lots of work in - I'm currently thinking of ways how we may be able to encourage a few people to attack those...
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on July 9th, 2007 01:40 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack
No comments found.