<< Getting the L20n discussion going again | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W33/2007
Additionally, I worked a bit on my web CMS/community system, automatically creating web-based documentation from source code comments - I hope that'll make further development work easier.
Here's a summary of SeaMonkey/Mozilla-related items I still did come around to work on in week 33/2007 (August 13 - 19):
- Places History:
As mentioned here a few days ago, I checked in the possibility build the new "places" backend for history in SeaMonkey with a special configure flag. As the UI doesn't work completely with this yet, we can turn this on by default yet.
- Code Reviews:
I reviewed a small string addition to help Lightning integration. Additionally, I swallowed the (for me) bitter pill and read through python code to review improvements of the new compare-locales script so that it works with more than just Firefox and Thunderbird.
I also looked into reviewing the patches to get profile switching to work again from a running SeaMonkey, but I think we still have a few open items to discuss there, even if the patches all meet the main objective of the bug.
- Infrastructure (tinderbox, AUS, website)
As the Mozilla project converts to new Windows build machines built upon MozillaBuild (MSYS) and VC8 SP1, I filed a bug to also move community machines, including the SeaMonkey one, to this reference platform.
A bug for switching to new Linux images does exist already, and I hope hope we'll get a box for L10n builds as well.
On a different front, a machine for automatic updates of community products has been set up, once everything works for Sunbird, we'll look into getting it ready for SeaMonkey as well.
After a long time, I've once again looked into setting up seamonkey-project.org as a separate website domain (when we do this, hosting will still be done by Mozilla, we need no other offers there). I still need to really get familiar with the website build system we are provided with and find out what kind of design would fit us best, but I have "something" working locally for testing. www.mozilla.org still works fine for us basically, though, so there's no real pressure on that, but at some point we'll probably arrive there.
While that proposed new framework for localization is cool, there's not much discussion or work going on around it, which is sad. I tried to get at least discussions going again this week by posting to newsgroups, my blog and mailing a few peers.
- Various Discussions:
IPC, venkman chrome errors and making it an extension, killing usage of old chromereg compatibility, killing old chromereg, suite start page changes, etc.
In other news, I did finally find the time to request a new passport and should get it this week, so that I'll even be able to travel to the US again. I hope I can visit the Mozilla headquarters at Mountain View some time in the near future.
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on August 20th, 2007 20:12 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack
No comments found.