<< 2.5 Million Tracked SeaMonkey Downloads | The roads I take... | Over 50% of SeaMonkey on German Project Site >>
Weekly Status Report, W48/2007
- SeaMonkey Releases:
I spent lots of time this week on the SeaMonkey 1.1.7 release. When we were just ready to push the builds out to the public mirrors, we got word of the <canvas> regression that finally also triggered Firefox 22.214.171.124 and we went into respinning and retesting builds instead of releasing what we had. We still managed to release on Friday, thanks to people from the community who did a great job on getting us QA of the new builds in such a short time. We wouldn't be able to do our great releases without that help.
- SeaMonkey Website URLs:
I changed trunk and branch to use the new www.seamonkey-project.org URLs instead of the old mozilla.org ones for pointing to the SeaMonkey project site or pages.
Localizers don't need to follow this, as the redirects from mozilla.org to seamonkey-project.org work fine, but it would be a good idea to change the URLs so that people go to the right locations directly.
- SeaMonkey Project Structure:
Was once again too busy to drive this forward this week, will pick it up again soon.
- SeaMonkey 2 Certificate Error Pages:
Gecko 1.9 will be much pickier about wrong security certificates than older version, replacing the easy-to-click-through certificate warning dialog with an error page that is displayed in place of the web page one wants to view. It's still possible to define exceptions so that specific errors of specific certificates can be ignored, but the way to do this is buried deep in advanced security preferences. This is good because a secure-looking page with a bad certificate is worse than a non-encrypted page in that it pretends to be secure.
Still, people probably want to add an exception if they are hitting such pages often or for testing purposes. Firefox overrides the whole localization file for net error pages and adds a button there to open the dialog for adding exceptions from there in a non-click-through but still reasonably easy way. Other applications, like SeaMonkey, would have needed to override the whole localization as well or not have that possibility. Because of that, I split up netError.dtd so we can override just that part, and I hope to get the SeaMonkey side of this in soon as well, so that we have the same functionality as Firefox.
- Source L10n:
I filed a bug on figuring out checkout of optional localization like esp. ChatZilla so that CVS-based ChatZilla langpacks can finally land.
- German L10n:
German trunk is being kept green again, this will be much more so now, as I've been declared a peer for core, and I'll check in all patches awaiting reviews in the meantime so that we can go green fast and only fix review nits afterward.
- Various Discussions:
Window icons, login manager, access keys and tabs/decks, customizable toolbars, popup blocking notification, branch launch XML errors (fixed and not fixed), feed discovery and support, AMO improvements, dictionary licensing, SeaMonkey blog, unit tests, etc.
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on December 4th, 2007 13:55 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack
No comments found.