<< First Impressions Of The N810 | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W22/2008
- Automated Testing:
The new Mac unit test machine is up and running, but failing some address book unit tests (missing OS X integration) and some autocomplete mochitests (reason still unknown).
Also, there were no negative comments about turning off the TUnit tests on the Linux tinderbox, so I'll do that soon.
- Preference Migration:
The advanced pref panel is checked in now, so all top-level panels are now migrated!
- Windows cygwin builds:
As I have an old cvs trunk tinderbox running with cygwin, I checked in a fix for building 1.9.0.x with cygwin.
- Version Control and SeaMonkey Development:
We had lots of discussions around the future of SeaMonkey's (and possibly Thunderbird's) source code management after Mozilla trunk has moved to mozilla-central, which is hosted in hg and will not only result in a Mozilla later on, but even in 1.9.1 - which is possibly what we want to base Thunderbird 3 and SeaMonkey 2 on.
As a possible way to having our own code in hg as well and using this 1.9.1 mozilla-central repo for the platform code, Benjamin Smedberg proposed several repository options. We have no firm decision on what options we will go with, but there seems to be a strong tendency across multiple core developers of our teams to go with "option A", which would build the platform in a subdirectory of our own repository.
- German L10n:
SeaMonkey L10n is complete again on trunk, though it stays orange due to the string from news header filters which I did leave in hoping that the original patch comes back.
- SeaMonkey Status Meetings:
Unfortunately there has been no feedback to this, I still want to drive that forward though.
- Various Discussions:
ChatZilla and chrome.manifest, session (re)store, Thunderbird/mailnews development, Firefox Plus Summit, etc.
Sorry for being quite late again this week with the status update, but this week I've been quite busy with getting working proof that we can build SeaMonkey with mozilla-central and finally have a hacky but working way for doing this. I have pushed back blogging this status update for that, I hope you don't mind.
I'll probably write up another blog post about this in the next few days, but it feels good to know how we can build SeaMonkey based on 1.9.1, so the option is open!
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on June 7th, 2008 00:35 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack
No comments found.