<< Weekly Status Report, W45/2008 | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W46/2008
When (re)doing a small version of mailnews icons for our default theme so that Philip's toolbar iconsize/mode work could land and build a good base for toolbar customization work, I realized that we could optimize PNG size of a number of our default heme images and I applied a patch to do so, reducing the size of our classic.jar by about 7% without any loss in how it appears. I also landed other small icons created by someone named Frank Lion on mozillaZine forums and applied the same optimization on those, and I landed a followup fix for print preview and fullscreen mode to Philip's original patch.
On an additional front, I made my LCARStrek theme work locally with that toolbar change, but I haven't created small icons for it yet.
- Build System:
The build target for source packages could land on mozilla-central in time for the upcoming Firefox beta, and is also supported on comm-central now - if you want to pack up the source of any build you've done, you can
make source-packagein your toplevel objdir now and get a source .tar.bz2 in dist/.
The parallel build stuff introduced recently ended up in messing up chrome for me, a solution isn't known yet, but I heard others running into the same problem as well.
Now that typeheadfind is gone, I investigated static release builds once again and found at least a Linux build problem with that, my patch includes some fixes for Mac but doesn't go all the way for those yet. I also filed the thebes test failure that Thunderbird also ran into with static builds.
I filed a bug for the upload build target on comm-central but didn't come around to doing a patch yet.
Contrary to that, I did write up a patch for another build system sync and started work on some locale Makefile restructuring.
- SeaMonkey Buildbots:
I upgraded all our buildbots except the Windows builder slave to buildbot 0.7.9 now, and adjusted leak thresholds so we once again see green/orange changes. I just hope we find a way to fix this EM RDF datasource leak that messes up leak reporting all the time.
The unit test machines also needed clobbers of at least the objdir/mozilla/js directory after all recent TraceMonkey merges or mochitest would end up crashing. We also saw that phenomenon on depend builders at least one time.
Our duplicate ID chrome tests once again revealed a bug this week, we are working on fixing it.
And as a preparation for branching some time in the next few months, I requested new machines for SeaMonkey, it will be interesting to see what we can actually get there.
- Places History:
I did a first rework of the places history patch based on the first review comments by Neil.
- SeaMonkey Releases:
The release process for SeaMonkey 1.1.13 was completed, websites updated and the new security and stability update made public on Wednesday, November 12.
We could add European Portuguese and Georgian as new locales for SeaMonkey on trunk!
I checked in a number of suite/ string cleanups created by Vlado from the Slovak team, thanks a lot for removing a few hundred (!) unused strings that new localizers don't need to care about now!
Two more removed strings are added to this by the geolocation fuzz removal.
- German L10n:
Again I kept German SeaMonkey up to date with current development, including the string removals mentioned above.
- Various Discussions:
Future SeaMonkey vision, 1.9.1 branching, Firefox 2 and Gecko 1.8.1 EOL plans, Tiger EOL plans, EV UI, new cert error page, FF clear private data changes, toolbar customization, feed support, places urlbar prefs, etc.
This has been another busy week with good progress, and we're nearing the freeze for our second alpha from the 2.0 series now, which will be the first prerelease with a feedreader and the possibility to switch text/icon modes and icon sizes on single toolbars in browser and mailnews, just to name two recent changes that have a larger impact. And then there's a number of even more things we are working on to make SeaMonkey 2 the best complete internet suite release ever!
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on November 18th, 2008 13:35 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack
No comments found.