<< Should NEW Untouched SeaMonkey Bugs Be UNCONFIRMED? | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W21/2009
- SeaMonkey Build Machines:
Lots of work still ongoing with the new buildbots with the ultimate goal of getting L10n builds from them, which I was able to resolvein the end with somewhat more work than anticipated. This involved fixing up locales Makefiles, fixing the fix to them, making our applications provide the info printed by part of those fixes and be nicer with including the Mac README in SeaMonkey.
As a result, I could post a patch for L10 repack factory abstraction that I had proven to work for us and hopefully can land in the shared buildbotcustom repo.
In other news, I found that the Linux x86_64 build problem was actually being out of disk space because I forgot to add the extra disk on the VM. As soon as I had added it, builds started to work fine.
I also slightly fixed up the slave name TinderboxPrint functionality thankfully introduced by gozer into the buildbotcustom factories.
Network Geolocation Provider could land on SeaMonkey with some more ported-from-Firefox improvements but without the actual URL for a provider on the network. This has been split off into its own bug, we need to get permission from Google to use their service before actually adding it.
I filed dependent bugs on web page and help updates - help wanted (literally)!
- Build System:
The automatic update of Windows file versions has landed on Mozilla 1.9.1 and comm-central for the SeaMonkey part. No worry about forgetting something and the Windows .exe reporting a different versions as the app itself any more (both for Firefox and SeaMonkey, by the way)!
Release automation was updated to work with that change, some unused code in its tools can be cleaned up later as well.
- German L10n:
A number of new strings to keep up with mostly mailnews development, also fixing 1.9.2 toolkit for German.
- Various Discussions:
SeaMonkey tabmail work, mozilla.org planning, Mozilla meeting times, starting thoughts on new stable security release, etc.
We are fighting Parallels problems for our new buildbots still even though we're avoiding the more-than-8-VMs networking issue for the moment. I'll keep the SeaMonkey-Ports waterfall page updated with the open issues.
That said, the machines are producing and uploading nightly builds for Linux i686, Mac OS X, Windows and the somewhat unofficial Linux x86_64, as well as localized builds for all languages that build successfully on the three official platforms.
In other news, the download manager switch is getting pretty hot, as of today I have positive reviews even on the progress dialogs/windows, and the main switch patch is shaping up nicely now that Frank ("mcsmurf") took over driving it from Justin ("Callek") who is temporarily unavailable. We'll likely land all the reviewed changes in one push, which is now likely to contain 5 patches from 3 bugs and a combined diff set of 63 files changed, 5850 insertions and 660 deletions, according to diffstat output on the not-yet-completely-finished patch set I have in my Mercurial queue right now. I hope this will happen soon, it surely will be a significant change that brings us one giant leap nearer to a SeaMonkey 2 release.
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on May 26th, 2009 21:15 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack
No comments found.