<< Weekly Status Report, W40/2009 | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W41/2009
On the risk of sounding like a broken record, once again one of my main work items this week was release driving for 2.0 - the news is that we have released SeaMonkey 2.0 RC 1 on Saturday, I spent a large amount of time building it and later could push it public.
Follwoing that, I worked on a few followup issues found in build verification and early testing.
- SeaMonkey L10n:
We could add Italian and UK English to the all-locales file for SeaMonkey - it looks like both are not just yet ready to deliver a complete localization for 2.0 final, but we hope they'll make 2.0.1 a number of weeks later.
On the actual shipping side, RC 1 shipped in 18 languages including US English, which mean we have all locales on board that shipped either of the betas - with more to come in RC2 (which hopefully will be final).
- German L10n:
I synched up the last changes to about:rights and ChatZilla just in time for the RC 1, German should therefore be complete for the 2.0 series - except for minor bugs, which are usually only reported when it goes to the masses in any case.
- Various Discussions:
Lightning support, gloda, comm-central branching, 22.214.171.124 builds, RC1 feedback, etc.
I'm sorry my status updates are not coming as early as they should come, I had a few things to do this weekend including Monday, e.g. moving the SeaMonkey 1.x tinderboxes to a new location - and trying to recover from a cold.
In any case, things look very good when looking at RC1 feedback, no major issues reported, a few more smaller bugs have been fixed though - we are at 154 fixed-seamonkey2.0 bugs now, which is a very impressive number since the second beta and which also includes a number of fixes since RC1 already. We currently have no reported blockers and no requests for blocking, so we look to be ready to go for a RC2 which is as much ready to be the final 2.0 as we know yet (we're just waiting for a "go" on a new build of the 126.96.36.199 platform right now). Of course, only good testing will show if it can hold up and really go golden roughly a week after it's being published to testers as an RC.
Let's hope that nothing bad comes up and it can step in front of the curtain as the real thing later this month!
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on October 15th, 2009 00:00 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | 7 comments | TrackBack