<< SeaMonkey 2.0 - Das moderne Internet-Paket ist hier! | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W43/2009
Yeah, I know, the broken record again,but I guarantee you that this was the last week I've been watching over 2.0 and driving it for release.
We published RC2 on Monday of that week and after a few days, the picture became clearer and clearer that this one would indeed go gold and so I prepared its conversion to the final 2.0 release as well as the updates of the website (including a feature page update and new screenshots) and spent the Sunday evening writing, getting feedback and native language "review" and finally pre-posting the announcement, so that everything would be ready for a Tuesday morning release.
- Build Machines:
As it became clear that 2.0 wouldn't need another RC to be built, I could risk some temporary brokenness and possibly permanent changes to the build infrastructure and install the Win7 SDK as well as MozillaBuild 1.4 on the Windows build slaves, which in turn made the Windows comm-central-trunk builds go green again. The closed tree and needed clobbers on the machines for comm-1.9.1 branching did help as well and provide the perfect time to do that work.
- SeaMonkey L10n:
RC2 shipped in 19 official languages including US English, plus another one in experimental stage - and that state was transferred to final unchanged. Some more languages are working on getting ready in time for 2.0.1 - if you're a Mozilla localizer and 2.0 isn't available officially in your language yet, we'd welcome your help on getting in ready for 2.0.1!
I also cared that we can get dashboard ready to support both SeaMonkey branches (sea20x and sea21x) in the future.
- German L10n:
Michael Opitz did another large help update, which I could land so that we'll have help more up-to-date in an upcoming 2.0.1 update. Thanks, Michael!
- Various Discussions:
comm-central branching, RC2 feedback, Mac build machines, Microsoft add-ons and blocklist, findbar, modal windows, download progress windows, dormant accounts, FF 3.5 -> 3.6 updates and SeaMonkey 2.x impact, Cyber Liberties Conference and Open Web track/talks, etc.
This status update is late once again, but somehow I had other things in mind in those last two days.
And I'm not sure I have fully realized yet that we managed to do that release we've been working on for almost 4 years - but it's great that we actually made that step and I can't tell enough how proud I am of everyone who helped that to come true - everyone one of those contributors and those fixing bugs in the 2.0 cycle are only one part of the people behind this release. In addition to the developers, all localizers, everyone doing QA, testing nightlies, and prereleases, filing bugs or otherwise helping the project, including the users - all those people in our community have been helping to build this release. I might be coordinating the project but it's all of you who make it a success, so congratulations to everyone in our community, you have done a really great job and made things possible that nobody would have believed when we started this project in 2005.
Well done, thanks for everything, and I'm looking forward to continuing this for improving the suite even further!
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on October 28th, 2009 23:19 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack
No comments found.