<< Photo Gallery From US Gulf Region Trip | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>

Weekly Status Report, W01/2010

Here's a summary of SeaMonkey/Mozilla-related work I've done in week 01/2010 (January 4 - 10, 2010):

With my dad's birthday in the middle of the week, I once again spent most of the week at home with my parents and didn't get around to a whole lot of work, but still tried to start picking up the pace at least somewhat - with a priority on shipping the mail compose freeze fix to Windows users in the 2.0.2 update.
As of right now, I'm back to a normal working schedule, and starting to think more and more about where to go with 2.1, both in terms of features and code work as well as timing. Unfortunately, I don't see the Firefox "Lorentz" story finalized as of now, but timing of the next Gecko/platform releases plays a critical role in our own release planning. I hope to see some light shed on those matters soon.

Entry written by KaiRo and posted on January 12th, 2010 12:46 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | 4 comments | TrackBack



Jon Pritchard

from UK

The one extension that I really would like to see gain compatibility is Zotero, my sister needs to use it for her academic work and I believe there are no reasons why Zotero couldn't work on SeaMonkey now that we've switched to toolkit.

I think this is an important effort because it is one of the main reasons to stay current with Firefox's code, add-on compatibility as well as increased ease of maintenance / code sharing.
2010-01-12 16:14



The best/only way to get compatibility is to contact the add-on authors and ask them for making it compatible.
We will try doing that for those that had SeaMonkey compatibility some time, and try to reach others via blogs, etc. - but the best way for those others if their actual users or would-like-to-be-users contact them and ask for compatibility, so I'd encourage you to do so.
2010-01-12 17:12

Jay Starkman

from Atlanta, GA

Seamonkey 2.0.x
Don't know where to post bugs. Seamonkey 2.0.x doesn't work. Can't get it to run under Win2k at all, though 1.18 runs great, and 1.18 runs great with reinstallation after failed Seamonkey 2.0.0 and 2.0.2.

Under Linux (Mepis 8.0), Seamonkey 2.0.0 crashes at least once a day.

Will wait for Seamonkey 2.1 before upgrading again.
2010-01-13 16:32



This is not the place to report bugs, and you are giving too few details for anyone to help you.

For one, the migration issues are best asked in our support group, many people there are happy to help, for the other, we fixed a number of crash bugs from 2.0 to 2.0.1 and 2.0.2, so you might want to try again with those on your Linux box.
2010-01-13 16:49

Add comment