<< "Human-readable" Pushlog Feeds | The roads I take... | Places Bookmarks: Another Try >>
Weekly Status Report, W12/2010
Some more work on the SeaMonkey 2.0.4 process, release notes should now basically be complete and everything looks good for a release tomorrow. As a fun note, working on this included bug 555555 - nice number!
- Build Infrastructure:
Landed the patch for upload timeouts we've seen on our Windows slave in Europe. I also filed and help fix a bug on increasing RAM on the Parallels Linux VMs so that linking seamonkey-bin for static builds works well enough there again.
The problem I had when building SeaMonkey 2.0.4 is now on file and has a patch. I also filed a bug on getting clobberer set up after I needed to manually clobber 10 machines to investigate a test failure. Another bug is up for getting bugzilla components for release engineering and the website.
After some comments and another Firefox patch from Mano, I updated the history speedup patch for SeaMonkey, it's now waiting for reviews again.
The places bookmarks patches are up and I created try builds for everyone to test. I asked Neil about how we should progress to get this monster patch series landed, but he still needs to think about that.
Meanwhile, I filed a followup bug on making icons work with the new implementation.
- Automated Tests:
I discussed and investigated a few test failures this week, one could easily be fixed, some others prompted a bug report on making our use of bundled extensions fit what the rewritten extension manager will want when it lands, and one took me a long time of investigating but is still a bit of a mystery to both me and the author of the test.
- Development Website:
I made the main page for "human-readable" pushlog feeds a bit nicer and blogged about it.
- German L10n:
I fixed a few accesskey bugs, brought SeaMonkey strings up to what trunk has, updated ChatZilla strings, and also brought DOM and security/manager strings up to the current state of trunk.
I even finally could get L10n-merge to work on my local machine, so that I may be able to dogfood German builds again without fearing that the build process breaks with all kinds of string changes.
- Various Discussions:
1.x EOL feedback, build system reviews, media-visible 1.9.2 vulnerabilities that keep coming up at times not fitting Mozilla schedules, tri-license discussions, module ownerships, reducing my TODO list, getting 2.0 contributor interviews going again, lift10, etc.
I'm personally getting quite productive again, moving things I'm involved with forward, but there are unfortunately areas I don't find the time to deal with - like marketing. I'd really like to encourage people who want to help with community marketing to contact me, it would be very nice to get something going there and get out the message to more people that SeaMonkey is the Internet suite for professionals.
With SeaMonkey 2.0, we have a really good product, now we need to see to get it out to the people!
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on March 29th, 2010 22:18 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack
No comments found.