<< Places Bookmarks: Another Try | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W13/2010
Shipped SeaMonkey 2.0.4, including work on finalizing release notes and getting announcements up and out the door.
- Build Infrastructure:
Worked on making partial updates for nightlies available and got them almost to work, if I wouldn't have introduced a general regression. This also needed one patch for buildbotcustom to slightly fix up things from the original work.
I also did some updates to build-configs/seamonkey to make it even simpler and more similar to mozilla2.
After that, I made SeaMonkey run mochitest-plain in chunks on trunk.
I also did some more build system reviews, and extensively discussed some test failures.
- Organization, Website:
I had some discussions this week on geolocation support, both with the GLS contact at Google and the Mozilla contact - unfortunately, without any immediate outcome. We might want to consider finding an alternative to get our geolocation info from.
When I saw that not too much is happening in the area of bug triage, I posted about where and how we should pick up triaging again. On April 20, Mozilla will also hold a bugday on SeaMonkey, we still need to decide the specific topic for that, though.
Now that we have components for release engineering and the website, I triaged bugs into them and tried to get some more resolved.
And as I already was on website stuff, I updated the SeaMonkey website to feature a JSON with current versions, reduce places to update when releasing a new version, and a page with links for downloading nightlies.
I sat down and did the bare work to making icons work with places bookmarks, even if this is just a work-in-progress patch, it's good enough to use for the moment to see how things can/will work.
Thanks to some tests from others and my own test work, I found a few slight glitches in my main places bookmarks work (but ones with partially large effect), so I created another round of try builds with those fixes and the icon patch. Those should be really nice for testing now - but be aware that they are worse than trunk nightlies, they are from some point on trunk as well, but with an experimental patch set on top.
I still need to find a solution with Neil how to get this work into the tree without taking overly long for that.
- Misc Code Work:
The patch for reworking the branding directory had been out for some time, I did one more update to it, got a review and landed it.
Digging into automated tests, I found that we were using undefined URIs that might even have come from my wrong saying in former times, and did a fix to replace resource://app/ with resource:/// that also already landed right this week.
I also created a workaround patch for making "about:" actually useful.
- Various Discussions:
Build system reviews, test failures, one more 1.9.2 chemspill, security group structure/access, MPL update discussions, reducing my TODO list, getting 2.0 contributor interviews going again, lift10, etc.
One large new thing for myself is that I finally made the jump in my personal builds from US English SeaMonkey 2.0 builds to German trunk builds - including all my patches, that means places bookmarks among other things! For one thing, that showed me that importing the old bookmarks into the places system works fine and I hardly see that I have a different bookmarks system when doing daily work, as it works just as nice as it can.
I'm using L10n-merge on the local machine to augment the German strings with stuffing in US English ones in the holes, but that way I'm now able to eat more dogfood, which should help all my trunk-oriented work. Oh, and I found some nice trunk features as well, including this nice resizer that let me make this text area in my blog large so I can write larger tests more easily!
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on April 5th, 2010 22:16 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | 2 comments | TrackBack
The "reworking the branding directory" doesn't seem to link to the right bug.