<< New Patches And Try Builds for Places Bookmarks | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W15/2010
- Build Infrastructure:
I had some discussions on keeping build machines up to date and getting a clobberer.
As those things came up in my thought or discussions, I filed bugs to track potentially testing on opt builds and having some automated perf testing. Nothing is planned for the immediate future on either, but they should be tracked so we see needs and possibilities somewhat better.
- Bug Triage:
Following my expiration proposal, discussions continued, results are not conclusive yet.
And don't forget, there will be a Mozilla bugday on SeaMonkey "General" bugs tomorrow!
I for myself took a peek on the components table I linked in the possible triaging targets post and did a pass through all open installer bugs, resolving a lot of them as INCOMPLETE as the xpfe installers are dead after the SeaMonkey 1.x EOL.
- Internal Help Content:
My patch that updates help for places history got reviews and landed on trunk, it's awaiting branch approval now. On the expiration-realted update, I'm still a bit unclear about the r- comment I got.
- Project Organization:
We currently have no good component for history bugs, I filed a bug for finding a home for them.
Google Summer of Code is in the stage of assigning slots to projects and choosing which projects to go with - the good news is that we probably have a project on Weave and SeaMonkey, I'm mentoring that one.
I did a lot of work on tools for bringing project areas up to date, e.g. analysis on patch authors, reviewers and bug components for hg history of all suite/ files, see the project files list on my SeaMonkey development site for that data.
On the development group/list, I posted about SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 1 planning, but unfortunately didn't get much input there yet.
I updated all my places patches this week, but I decided I'll not update history for anything else then the existing performance work and breakages until bookmarks land and history is switched to use shared core files with that new work.
The places bookmarks patchset is now up to everything that has landed on Firefox, and I have new try builds up for your testing, preliminary reports tell that they are working as well as I hoped, the only bug I know of is double-click on bookmarks in the manager not working, but context menus allow to open them in new tabs or windows just fine for now.
- German L10n:
I checked in a help patch that was long overdue for landing.
- Various Discussions:
Test failures, tabbrowser APIs, about:rights and toolkit, browsehappy.com, new committers and sr requirements, review speeds, Mnenhy, etc.
A lot is going on, and as there have been 4 developer previews of the Mozilla 1.9.3 platform already, which will form the base of SeaMonkey 2.1, I think it's time to think about actually releasing a preview of our own and get a first alpha going. My feeling is that we have a few interesting things in current trunk code already, but we need to collect some data to be sure, please reply to my post on the development group/list if you know things important to note in what current trunk has in comparison to the stable 2.0 series.
Oh, and be sure to show up on the bug day if you can help us in any way there!
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on April 19th, 2010 16:59 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments
No comments found.