<< Places Bookmarks Progress - Even More Try Builds | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W26/2010
After discussions in the SeaMonkey meeting on Tuesday, I created another round of candidate builds for 2.1 Alpha 2, including a few release blocker fixes. If testing looks good now, we'll release within days from now.
Also, at the same time as Firefox 3.6.7 and 3.5.11 builds have been started, I did a SeaMonkey 2.0.6 release build run, candidate builds are available for that as well, and we're testing them on the beta channel to hopefully go public on July 20.
- Context Menus, Notifications:
I've been informed that my earlier context menu code rework had broken bookmarking entries and created as well as landed a fix for that. That's the downside of having places bookmarks sitting in my local queue while working on other stuff - it can mask other problems in testing (I did test bookmarking, but only with the changed code from the places work).
The doorhanger notifications patch got a few updates from Gavin's and Neil's comments and further work done on the Firefox side.
- Build System:
I did the first tries to create libxul builds on my local machine to see how far we come there right now, and found autocomplete still broken, so I worked to unbitrot Neil's patches there and with his help, fix all build variants so this can land.
And as we knew the large XPCOM registration change from Benjamin Smedberg would come around, I tried to drum up support for getting comm-central ready in time, but things have really only started moving heavily after his work landed on mozilla-central and broke us heavily. We're starting to see something that looks like the end of the tunnel being ahead now, but it's too early to tell if it's really it or just an oncoming train.
- Data Manager:
After I got both cookie and password update notifications processed and what looked like reasonable testing, I submitted the 0.8 version to AMO, which is now coming close to 1.0, what's still missing is doing those UI updates for permissions, content prefs, and form data.
Once that's done and I've submitted 1.0 to AMO, I'll prepare a patch for adding this functionality to SeaMonkey trunk, for now in parallel to the other managers we have. The next steps will be creating hooks to open a specific domain and/or tab, and adding permissions, then to switch over parts of SeaMonkey that now open the old managers to open Data Manager instead, and finally remove the old managers from SeaMonkey UI completely.
The places bookmarks patch series had been changed quite a bit over the last weeks, so I finally uploaded new patches and created another round of try builds. Please help testing those, I'll continue to push for getting the patches reviewed and into the tree, but Neil as the main reviewer is in Whistler this week, so he probably doesn't have much time for this.
Once again, I did update my LCARStrek and EarlyBlue themes and now they have versions for SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 2 ready for that release.
- Various Discussions:
Perma-oranges, UA strings, Sync landing, L20n file format, Firefox UI changes, etc.
Some good work progressed this week, even though I went out a bit more and had an awesome weekend with the wedding of my brother. It's fun to see how sometimes fewer working hours still result in an interesting amount of progress!
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on July 5th, 2010 21:52 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | 2 comments | TrackBack