<< Der deutschsprachige Planet Mozilla ist da! | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W36/2010
Shipped SeaMonkey 2.0.7 on Tuesday but pulled updates soon after for a startup crash seen by a number of users, which stops them from even launching the application or getting further updates, so we went for rather safe than sorry and stopped updating the other half of users still on 2.0.6 and not yet having applied the update. We will create a 2.0.8 release soon with fixes for the crasher and then will deploy updates straight to that one.
Given that, I worked on fixing one issue related to the crash, but there's a second one pending that affects Firefox and Thunderbird on the same platform version as well. I also readied us to take a mail signature fix along with that update.
- Build Machines:
Just when that requirement landed, I got note that we need to install YASM on Windows slaves and upgrade other systems, so I set the time aside to do that, and after some investigation on how Firefox release engineering did that, could complete it successfully on all our machines. IT also once again was very fast and helpful when one slave decided to go missing on the network. Thanks for that!
- Automated tests:
I landed the test for reusing empty tabs that I created the week before. Apart from that, I didn't get to look into a lot in that category, but Callek, IanN, Aqualon, and sgautherie have been quite busy there, which is nice to see, as the oranges come down to manageable numbers now.
After some more reviewing, the fast bookmarking button has been accepted and I could land it.
- Doorhanger notifications:
I did another followup patch, this time for lightweight themes installation, but given that Neil seems to have decided to rewrite the system, I'm seriously thinking of throwing the towel on the whole stack of bugs and patches, unless he'll backport all this work to Firefox as well.
- UA string:
After doing a Council vote on including a Firefox token by default in our UA string, and that vote running positive, I got reviews and checked this in.
- Data Manager:
After addressing Neil's last super-review comments, I uploaded a new version 1.0.2 to AMO with those improvements.
Ian came around with some review comments on Data Manager, but from a first glimpse, either his build has problems or my code does. Need to find out about that.
After a number of additional hours spent on it, OpenSearch support has a patch up for review, but it looks like some points of my work are controversial and it will take some time to agree on something there, I fear. I filed a few followup bugs for things this first patch doesn't cover.
- Various Discussions:
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on September 13th, 2010 22:05 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack
No comments found.