<< Weekly Status Report, W48/2010 | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W49/2010
I did most of the final step of releasing 2.0.11, including pushing to mirrors, creating relnotes, updating the website and sending the announcement. Still, things are better documented now and Callek did a good part of the creation of builds - and he now should have all needed access to do it on his own in the future.
- SeaMonkey Website:
In addition to the changes for the release, I also linked in the new donation page that now resides on donate.mozilla.org with other Mozilla Foundation donation pages - and offers more than just Paypal payments.
- Build Infrastructure:
I remembered this week that we needed ot turn on check tests on Linux64 again, and when I did that, it finally worked fine.
On Saturday, I did put a real lot of work into upgrading our buildmaster to buildbot 0.8, which should be done now. If you notice any problems, please file bugs and mark them dependent on this one.
Once that was done, I noticed that posting data to the graph server failed on Linux due to missing simplejson, and I fixed that as well.
Following that, I spent a lot of time on Sunday trying to figure out how we could switch SeaMonkey to omnijar and have a working patch up though I'll need to put a bit more work into some testing and some edges.
- Security Update Warning:
Some weeks ago, when I had discussions once again with people who decided to switch off security updates, I came up with the idea of implementing a warning for old builds when updates are disabled - this week I created a patch and it promtly got reviews, so it's in the trunk tree already. I'd love to see this on branch, but unfortunately it adds strings, and we don't allow that on stable branches.
In addition, I think others should do that as well and filed a bug to do this in Firefox.
- Site-specific Zoom:
I did some more work on my patch for site-specific zoom in SeaMonkey this week, and finally got it to a state that passed reviews, so I could land it on trunk. Nicely, we're sharing more code with Firefox in toolkit with that, and the site-specific preferences this uses are displayed in Data Manager.
- (Tahoe) Data Manager:
Talking of Data Manager, I landed the icon and view loading patches on SeaMonkey trunk after they got positive reviews.
As arrow panels have landed now for enough that we can do that, I created a patch for making the bookmarks panel an arrow panel, and it got review very fast, so that's live on trunk as well already - unfortunately, I don't see it myself as arrow panels are not implemented on Linux yet.
- German L10n:
I did a number of updates to sync the German localization with SeaMonkey trunk this week as well, to round things up.
- Various Discussions:
Life in SeaMonkey, ongoing graphics driver instabilities, mobile woes and possibilities, thoughts on my next experimental projects, bug resolutions, use of blocking flags in Firefox planning, leaktest suite, etc.
In addition to normal work, I took part in the SeaMonkey Triage Week in areas I know well, and could help separating those bugs that don't need real work from those that will need a developer looking into them more deeply. This task is really similar to triage in medical emergency situations, that's why it shares the name - just that our "patients" (bugs) can sit around for a long time without their state changing. Still, some heal themselves with time, can't be cured or turn out to be hypochondriacs or other states a developer can't really help with - even bugs that are not ours. And then there are requests for enhancements we will not work on (those might still be good as add-ons). I helped with cases of all those - and all together, about 300 bugs have been touched in triage, 200 of them have been resolved in some way, about 30 moved to other products where they fit better (Toolkit, Core, MailNews Core). Thanks to everyone who helped there!
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on December 13th, 2010 22:13 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | 2 comments | TrackBack
from Brussels, Belgium