<< SeaMonkey now using "omnijar" | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W03/2011
- Build Infrastructure:
The omnijar patch got reviews and could land, so SeaMonkey is now using that packaging format, which should make startup faster. I reviewed a fix for Windows builds as I did use a suboptimal way of deleting a directory.
We saw L10n repack failures after this landing, I tracked them down to a missed part of the patch and ported that as well.
I also fixed a slight glitch on our Linux64 buildslave by removing an old version of buildbot from it.
Callek started the release run for our upcoming 2.0.12 update, we expected some fallout from the recent buildbot 0.8 switch and promptly saw some, I helped him detect and solve problems.
I also filed a bug on shipping built-in extensions in a better way, but nobody has picked that one up yet.
- Places, Zoom:
The patch for making the fast bookmark button async could land together with the earlier fix for bookmark roots which I had ported, as well as the one on contentprefs caching for zoom.
The new version of my Mandelbrot add-on was submitted to AMO and got reviews now, so it's available for everyone's pleasure.
I did some more routine update work on my EarlyBlue and LCARStrek themes, but there's more to do there.
- German Localization:
Once again updated the suite L10n to current trunk, and also fixed a few typos, including one that sounded suspiciously like Austrian dialect. One time, it would still be fun to create a dialect Firefox...
- Various Discussions/Topics:
Ongoing graphics driver instabilities, more Fennec testing on the N900, expanding wiki articles on my ideas, getting SeaMonkey future going, thinking about my own future plans, FOSDEM, Firefox Betas, getting the JS engine fixed for SeaMonkey browser-chrome tests, Firefox testing infrastructure, etc.
This was a busy week, with the omnijar landing being an important step to keep SeaMonkey in line with what Firefox and Thunderbird are doing on trunk to have reasonable startup speed. There might still be some smaller fallout from it, so please continue to test esp. updates from builds before January 19th to builds after that date, we might have a few things we still need to fix there.
Other that that, SeaMonkey 2.1 is coming together nicely, and we should be ready to cut the second beta soon, as the Sync UI is coming close to being ready to land. Once that has happened and nightlies with it look fine, we'll build beta 2, which will come very close to final in terms of the feature set.
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on January 25th, 2011 17:29 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack
No comments found.