<< Auftragsarbeit für Mozilla! | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W07/2011
- Build Infrastructure:
Supported Callek with his finally pushing out the SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2 release and InvisibleSmiley with doing some steps for the website on the way towards a 2.0.12 security update.
I did some review and commenting on the better cleanup on updates patches, which ewong thankfully has been working on.
- Mozilla work / Socorro:
As I blogged about a few days ago, I started contracting for Mozilla and for this project, I am engaged in finding a roadmap for getting better results out of the crash stats system (Socorro).
I had a few conversations and phone meetings with the people I'm working with in this project, including an interesting phone conferencce with the Socorro team on finding "duplicate" crash reports in our system.
In addition, I worked though roughly half of the ~400 open Socorro bugs and tried to categorize them - for now in private Bugzilla tags to not generate a lot of bugmail, but I'll get this into public data when I'm done with all of them and after coordination with the team.
- Search Bar and OpenSearch Engine Manager:
As I saw that nobody else will pick this one up, I did some updates to my optional search bar patch and did put it up for review, as esp. the included OpenSearch engine manager is something we're really missing in SeaMonkey 2.1 at this moment. I hope I'll be able to address the review comments in time to get this into Beta 3 still, but I have no idea how much time I'll have left for this, as the Socorro work has priority.
I finished my work to sync up my LCARStrek and EarlyBlue themes with SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2 and released fitting versions on the AMO beta channel.
- German L10n:
I synched up the SeaMonkey L10n with trunk once more.
On the add-ons site, I cared to submit the versions for 2.1 Beta 2 and 2.0.12 of the German SeaMonkey language pack, so that users should be able to get updates from there.
- Various Discussions/Topics:
More Fennec testing on the N900, Firefox 4 endgame, Nokia and MeeGo, drumbeat and walled-garden services, local FSFE group meeting, etc.
I found out in the last few days how time constraints, in this case, setting aside the specific amount of time I get paid for my Mozilla contract, enables me to operate more efficiently. That's not to say that I don't allow myself to get sidetracked on occasion, but I very soon get back to doing what I intended to - and of course, I try to get away from any sidetracking whatsoever in the paid time. Reducing chances to get distracted is quite helpful in getting more measurable stuff done, after all, and that works well. Of course, being motivated on a new job always helps increasing efficiency in all areas of life.
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on February 21st, 2011 17:34 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack
No comments found.