<< Weekly Status Report, W21/2011 | The roads I take... | The New "Crash Signature" Field in Bugzilla >>
Weekly Status Report, W22/2011
- Mozilla work / crash-stats:
We had a lot of discussions and looks into data of Firefox 5.0b2 vs. 5.0b3, esp. since we have turned off PGO for JS between those as we supposed that might help crash volume.
My report on crash volume for different builds turned up that the volume of hangs is a lot higher on 5.0 than on 4.0.1, and I forwarded my concerns about that.
As always, I continued to look into rising crashes with my experimental stats.
- Jökulsárlón Download Manager
I submitted a new 0.4 version once I had done some code improvements, most of which I wanted to do for a while, and implemented observing the closeWhenDone pref that also exists on the toolkit download manager, as well as a new pref that stops constant flashing when a download is going on and we're set to an app tab on Firefox 4 or higher.
- (Tahoe) Data Manager:
Some of the code improvements noted for Jökulsárlón also apply here the the Data Manager, so I did them there as well and also made a test more stable, submitted for the SeaMonkey version as a patch as well.
I didn't really make progress on the web storage panel, but as I don't see how to get events for the others, I decided that dynamic updates there will be for DOM storage only for now.
- SeaMonkey Build & Release:
I helped Callek somewhat to get 2.1 RC2 done, as we saw some strange woes there.
For the future builds from the new release process, I put forward a proposal for detailed version numbers so we can move forward there. This will make builds from current comm-beta called "2.2" once they are generated, from comm-aurora "2.3a2" and from comm-central "2.4a1" - changes on all those are minimal compared to 2.1, but they catch up with Gecko feature and security updates.
- SeaMonkey L10n:
Filed a bug to get sign-offs going on esp. the comm-beta branch so Callek can build a 2.2 Beta 1 as soon as 2.1 is done.
- German L10n:
Got the SeaMonkey part of beta and aurora synched with the respective English versions, and also synched up SeaMonkey on trunk to the current state once again.
- Various Discussions/Topics:
Build/test turnaround speeds, getting access to machine for custom reports (or not yet), beta build turnaround speed, user volumes on branches, channel switcher removal, removing microsummary support from SeaMonkey, MeeGo N900 DE, getting desktop to run with 3D support, Endeavour coming home for the last time, etc.
I seem to not succeed getting those reports out as timely as I should, and some other things I should or want to get done are not happening as well, even though I on the other hand get a number of things done. I guess the day just has too little time - or I'm spending too little of it in front of the computer... Well, with the current climate being relatively hot and humid here, more time staring at this screen would just be more straining to those eyes that seem to get tired easily in this setup anyhow. Maybe I'll find some other solution.
That said, SeaMonkey is nearing its 2.1 release, Firefox 5 seems to be shaping up reasonably well in terms of stability, and Socorro just shipped an update that incorporates a few things our team has put on the last priorities list, so I think I can be satisfied with what's going on in the areas I'm helping with!
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on June 9th, 2011 03:08 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack
No comments found.