<< Weekly Status Report, W36-40/2011 | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W41/2011
- Mozilla work / crash-stats:
Did some refactoring of the categorization code in my experimental per-component crash reports, and finally improved categorization by some additional filtering. New reports like the Firefox 8 Beta one for yesterday should have a quite usable component split and top 10 crash signatures for those components.
Created weekly bug statistics for both Socorro and crash bugs, which compare newly filed bugs to fixed and otherwise resolved ("triaged") bugs in every week.
Updated numbers for categorized Socorro bug lists once again and made a spread sheet and graph (not public right now) on the development of those numbers.
Had a meeting with Naoki on how to coordinate on mobile wishes and Socorro.
As always, I investigated various new or rising crashes and made sure bugs get filed for them in the right places and get the needed attention.
- SeaMonkey releases:
Finally, I also put up SeaMonkey update snippets for linux64 updates to 2.4.1 - so everyone should get up to the latest release now. I've been asked if I could do that for betas as well but I find this too much work to do manually. If someone can script it, that would be a way, but then, we hope that soon we'll get the machine power to run tests and localized builds on linux64, and then we'll be able to provide official builds with updates right away in the normal process.
- German L10n:
Updated German localization for SeaMonkey and core on Aurora as well as Nightly (except the actual "toolkit" parts for the latter) to match the original.
Also, addressed a number of German L10n bugs on "select add-ons" UI (review comments), translation of "corrupt", and "beinhalten" being a suboptimal word.
I also refactored my "KaiRo.at Mandelbrot" add-on to fit in-tab UI a bit better as well as eliminating its XULRunner app version and making it be an add-on only. The new 4.0b3 version is up on AMO and waiting for reviews.
- Various Discussions/Topics:
Mozilla and "webby" or "native" solutions for web gaming, "Native UI" for Firefox on Android, Sync server issues and delaying MU for 3.6 users, how people got involved with Mozilla, N9 being available in Austria, etc.
This week ended up pretty productive both in work I'm paid for and some I'm not - but my list of TODOs, while significantly reduced, is still long enough that I can't get bored.
That said, while I got new external and internal hard drives for my desktop running fine, that ASUS Transformer tablet I got from Mozilla is acting strangely and might have a failure of some kind, with applications or the whole tab crashing or freezing randomly. I wonder if that's a hardware or software problem and how easy it will be to correct, given that the device belongs to Mozilla but there's no office and/or Mozilla IT people anywhere near here.
It's a cool device even despite running Android, but it's much cooler when it actually works...
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on October 17th, 2011 14:51 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack
No comments found.