<< Weekly Status Report, W28/2009 | The roads I take... | Windows and Linux Testing For SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 1 >>

SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 1 Is On Track, L10n Opt-In Wanted!

If you have the SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 1 Schedule in mind, you know that by now, all the code and strings are fully frozen for this release, all we are waiting for is for additional L10n opt-ins until their deadline of midnight Pacific time today.

10 locales have opted in so far, 8 of those (be, de, fr, gl, pl, ru, sk, tr) are good to go, the other two (ca and hu) are not green on dashboard due to obsolete strings, they should just remove those and are good to go as well.

13 locales are green on dashboard, so 5 of those haven't opted in yet (cs, es-AR, lt, nb-NO, pt-PT) - if yours is one of them, please tell us which revision to use for release in the opt-in thread on the mozilla.dev.l10n group/list - 2 more locales (es-ES and nl) have just a handful of missing strings and also could make this release easily, but any opt-in needs to be there until midnight Pacific time, remember that. (The remaining 7 locales on dashboard, ja/ja-JP-mac, ka, pt-BR, ro, si, sv-SE, need a good amount of work to get ready, any locale not on dashboard yet please follow the process outlined in our wiki to get on for future releases.)

For me, this release will be special not only because we finally can release official localized builds and do that in sync with the en-US builds, but also because we'll be using release automation for the first time, the same hg- and buildbot-based tools Firefox is using for their releases. I just checked in a fix for repackaging localized builds on Mac, so all that tooling we need should be there and working now, but it's the first live run, so far I only did test runs of those tools. They will provide us with partial updates as well (for en-US only, as that's the only language for which we have an earlier release), so we have a number of firsts in this release from a build and release management point of view.

Of course, that only complements the firsts we have in the source, we have the same platform and web functionality as Firefox 3.5 (including the 3.5.1 security updates), the same mail and newsgroups backend as Thunderbird 3.0 Beta 3 and about 130 SeaMonkey-specific fixes upcoming in this release.

I will start release automation early in the morning tomorrow, so localizers, remember to opt in today, and testers (including L10n testers!) be ready for candidate builds being available later in the day tomorrow (including updates on the betatest channel)!

Entry written by KaiRo and posted on July 16th, 2009 15:52 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, SeaMonkey 2 | 2 comments | TrackBack

Comments

AuthorEntry

Nomax

from Belgium

quote
...
Wow! Getting excited!
2009-07-17 18:22

jtek

from USA

quote
Great News!!
Thanks for the fantastic news, Kairo! I will check throughout the day and download it when it becomes available. I am currently using the stable version of SM, but told myself I would jump to SM2 when the first beta candidate is released. It is worth the wait!!
2009-07-17 19:47

Add comment