Here's a summary of SeaMonkey/Mozilla-related work I've done in week 11/2010 (March 15 - 21, 2010):
Announced the end of life (EOL) of the 1.x series and released SeaMonkey 1.1.19 as a last version of that series.
I started the SeaMonkey 2.0.4 process and uploaded candidate builds. A few issues needed to be dealt with in this process, created preliminary release notes, nightlies are now labeled 2.0.5pre.
- Build Infrastructure:
I created a patch for upload timeouts we've seen on our Windows slave in Europe, looks like increasing the timeouts is the the only way of fixing this problem.
I fixed a frecency test to also work in SeaMonkey, the problem was our different default preferences once again.
Still, the really big news and piece of work is once again places bookmarks - I should have all of it working now, including keywords and HTML import (with a dependency on Marco's toolkit patches that are awaiting review). I have attached patches on the bug and am waiting for a first review pass myself, even though I know I loaded an awful lot of code on Neil's shoulders for those reviews. Once the toolkit patches are in, I'll even do try builds, but the Thunderbird try server doesn't support patches that span multiple repos, I fear. I probably should also port some tests, but I may defer that to a followup bug. The patchset on the suite side alone has "
79 files changed, 16364 insertions(+), 12837 deletions(-)" according to
diffstat, that is already quite a large change, I think. Though, given that it adds a bunch of additional functionality and some gains can probably still be made when switching history to reuse some of the core places code in there, I'm not unhappy with the difference of added and removed code there.
- Development Website:
Worked some more on metrics output to get nicer graphs on there. If you're using a browser that can deal with them (like SeaMonkey 2.x), you'll see canvas-based graphs there that just parse the table on the website to generate the graphs, and those graphs are now available on all subpages of the metrics section.
I also did correct some links for "human-readable" pushlog feeds because of a comment on last week's status update post.
My EarlyBlue and LCARStrek themes should now be up to speed with trunk development in my local trees (and the public repository).
- German L10n:
I aligned SeaMonkey with Thunderbird on MDN receipts containing both German and English language in the future.
- Various Discussions:
Another 1.9.3 platform alpha being released, 1.x EOL feedback, Thunderbird and Mozilla project communications, Future of Mac builds - 64bit and PPC, SeaMonkey marketing, etc.
I'm really happy with my progress on places bookmarks (see recent post
) - while reviews can get tough, as usual, the code worked very nicely in my testing and I'm looking forward to switching my daily work to local trunk builds with that code and my themes, which all are now ready for testing. I'm told that trunk is quite a bit faster than 2.0.x builds, I really hope I'll be able to experience that first-hand in daily usage and dogfood that bookmarks work - maybe even start working on some followups that don't depend on details of the code that might change in reviews.