<< GSoC: MailNews Sync | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W28/2010
- Lightweight Themes / Personas:
I had some fights with Neil over tangential issues, but after I split off the questionable issues into their own bug reports, so that the main lightweight themes patch could get reviews in the end. I also filed followups bugs for Mac, MailNews, Composer as well as tracking of overall default theme improvements.
- Build System:
I landed the packaging updates for the XPCOM registration changes but it took another build fix until I could open the tree.
- Misc changes:
The getFileDisplayName cleanup and tabContainer rename patches could land.
- Google Summer of Code:
As you might know, I'm mentoring Harini Sirisena in her "Weave Sync engines for tabs and mailnews status sync in Mozilla Seamonkey browser suite" project as a part of Google Summer of Code. This week was time for midterm evaluations, and it's just fitting that she could make MailNews Sync available as an installable add-on. We'd welcome any feedback you can give!
- Data Manager:
The feature complete version 0.9 is public at AMO, I got a small bit of feedback (thanks, Jens!) and I found there might be some performance concerns, which I need to take a look at, but there has been no progress in terms of code this week.
Until I come around to looking into that, please test version 0.9 and give me any feedback you can!
There has not been real progress on places bookmarks themselves, though I had some discussion with Neil about them. I'll probably split the work into several smaller bugs to ease review, until then, I'd like more feedback on the current try builds.
I also spent a number of hours this weekend on porting tests so that we have some automated tests covering places once this lands.
- Various Discussions:
SeaMonkey find bar, possible SeaMonkey Development Meeting, build machines, plugins test bustage, MPL update, Sync UI, Thunderbird plans, etc.
As the Backend for Sync has already landed in the Mozilla 2.0 backend code, even though it's not built in normal builds right now, we should try to move the UI code into SeaMonkey code, just like it's being done for Firefox. If anyone reading this can help us there, that would be very welcome and make our work, including that of the GSoC project mentioned above easier to integrate into final SeaMonkey code!
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on July 19th, 2010 20:49 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | no comments | TrackBack
No comments found.