<< Weekly Status Report, W44/2010 | The roads I take... | Integration eines Magento-2-Webshops mit FreeFinance und selbstgebautem Warenmanagement >>
Weekly Status Report, W45/2010
- Build Infrastructure:
Got reviews on the patch for packaged test triggering on Windows unittest-build and landed it on buildbotcustom trunk.
I filed a bug on getting things moving on Mac64 slaves, even though we don't have any new machines. Because of that, we're reducing the 32bit Mac pool (doing 2.0 branch universal builds and possibly some tests) to just two machines and use the other three as a 64bit pool (doing 2.1/trunk universal builds and tests). That's not ideal, but should at least get us going.
- AMO URLs:
I saw a small change of AMO URLs for discovery pane, etc. being done on Firefox, so I filed bugs for Thunderbird and SeaMonkey to do the same, and created and landed a patch for SeaMonkey.
I went through a number of recent places changes on the Firefox side and ported them to SeaMonkey where reasonable. While doing that, I stumbled over contentAreaClick needing some porting as well, so I filed it (I probably won't work on it though).
- Data Manager:
I started looking into some of the followup improvements I had planned for Data Manager, like opening specific views or selecting entries after delete, patches for those are up for review and a new add-on version is also up, along with the add-on having a new code name - but I'll report on that once the new version is public.
- Download Manager Add-on:
Even though I have thrown the towel on SeaMonkey download manager work some time ago, I decided to pick up some download manager work again - but not on SeaMonkey's internal version (I still stand by not touching it). Instead, I've picked up the Firefox add-on I had up as an experiment, but I've completely restructured the code after the model of my Data Manager and I'm trying to get Download Manager to work in a tab as well. I'll report on more of this once I have something up to submit on AMO.
- German Dictionaries:
I worked on the German spellchecker dictionary (including Austrian and Swiss variants) to work around the problem with the previous variants that appeared with Gecko 2.0 not unpacking add-ons by default.
- SeaMonkey website:
There had been a long-standing item between me and David from the Mozilla Foundation to get some promotion for the Mozilla mission up on the SeaMonkey start page and finally, we have made this a reality for the default version shown to users of stable releases (or to people with JS turned off).
- Various Discussions:
Module owners, FF4b7 release, SeaMonkey's and my future, HTML5 forms, newsgroup spam, etc.
When it comes to code work, I'll put more time into add-ons rather than SeaMonkey-specific patches, and this week's work on the Data and Download Managers is a part of this effort. I don't think that coding is where I excel the most, but I think I have a few interesting ideas in those areas, and the best language to express them might be to get them coded up in some way - maybe others will jump in and help improving my code later on. Also, I really want to enable Firefox 4 users to profit from my work and those ideas - in addition to SeaMonkey 2.1 users, of course.
And I have some more ideas to come - probably even a few I just can't code up all by myself. But I'll try to at least prototype a few of them as add-ons.
Entry written by KaiRo and posted on November 15th, 2010 21:57 | Tags: L10n, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Status | 2 comments | TrackBack